One of the world’s foremost bird guides - now in a deluxe edition
The Birds is a de luxe version of The Birdguide, the market’s most comprehensive field guide to birds that can be seen in Scandinavia, Europe, North Africa and parts of the Middle East. In the comfort of your home you can enjoy to the full the exquisite watercolours on the picture pages.
• A magnificent large format edition with more than 200 beautiful watercolour plates. The format is more than twice the size of the field guide.
• Over 900 species are presented in a clear systematic sequence, of which 800 are in fine detail.
• 4,000 beautiful illustrations provide an object lesson in how the appearance of different species can vary by reason of sex, age, time of year and population distribution. In addition to the artwork, there are illustrations showing birds in their typical environments.
• Thoroughly updated texts describe each species’ size, choice of habitat, distinctive markings, variations and birdsong.
• Clear, well arranged maps illustrate the species’ present distribution.
• Arrows and captions point out the important distinctive features in the birds, making it easier for the reader to understand the pictures.
The Birds is a book to get absorbed in. The beautiful watercolours, painted by two of the world's outstanding bird artists, will continue to give you pleasure at home around the kitchen table, or in your favourite armchair by the fire.